November 7, 2014 -- Welcome to The Science of Sherlock Holmes
Unless otherwise noted, all activities are free. Free parking on First Fridays!
Share your First Friday experience—use #SciFiFriSTL
Boeing Hall (Main Building, First Floor)
6-10pm Visit The International Exhibition of Sherlock Holmes – Non-member Adults: $17.50; $15.50 for those dressed as Sherlock Holmes; and $13.50 for Members. Last entry at 8:30pm.
Center Stage (Main Building, Lower Level)
7pm Cadaver Detecting Dog Presentation by MRCK9
8pm Dr. Tom Spudich: The Science of Sherlock Holmes
9pm The Art of Disguise with Katrina Lynn, Kawa Kon
Dino Overlook (Main Building, First Floor)
Demos and Activities, 6 to 9pm
- See the latest in crime-solving technology from Dr. Tom Spudich and students from Maryville University’s Forensic Science Department.
- Meet the K9 dogs of MRCK9.
- Try out forensic techniques with the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department Crime Lab
- Create your own detective disguise at our Maker Space.
- Test video games created by local video game developer, Ginger Labs.
- See what Griffin 3D is creating on their 3D printers.
- Find out more about local Sherlockian societies and how you can get involved.
- See the latest from Arch Reactor, St. Louis’ local hacker space.
- See rare Sherlock Holmes' editions--Modern Graphic History Library, Washington University
The Loft (Main Building, Second Floor)
See the Benedict Cumberbatch quilt
6-9pm See the Science Center’s 3D printer at work!
7pm First Fridays’ Trivia with special guest host Max Foizey– limited seating
Test your sleuthing abilities with Anime St. Louis and win fabulous prizes!
Visit Nerdy Girls Society and try to break the code!
Experience Cyber security from Fontbonne University.
OMNIMAX® Theater (Main Building, Second Floor)
All episodes free. Tickets required.
6:30pm Episode Screening of Sherlock, "The Reichenbach Fall"
8:30pm Star Trek episode: “Elementary, Dear Data” (1988)
10pm Episode Screening of Sherlock, "The Empty Hearse"
James S. McDonnell Planetarium – all programs free unless otherwise noted
6-9pm Experience Flight: Test out our flight simulators – $5 and $6
7pm Planetarium Show: The Sky Tonight (Star Bay)
7-10pm Public Telescope Viewing (Archery Field – weather permitting)
8-10pm Yargis video game premier and participate in world record for largest screen share. Register for this event starting at 7pm in the Planetarium Lobby.