Now Playing in the OMNIMAX® Theater
June 6, 1944: The largest Allied operation of World War II began in Normandy, France. Yet, few know in detail exactly why and how, from the end of 1943 through August 1944, this region became the most important location in the world. Blending multiple cinematographic techniques, including animation, CGI and stunning live-action images, D-Day: Normandy 1944 brings this monumental event to the world’s largest screens for the first time ever.
Audiences of all ages, including new generations, will discover from a new perspective in breathtaking IMAX® how this landing changed the world. Exploring history, military strategy, science, technology and human values, the film will educate and appeal to all. Narrated by Tom Brokaw, D-Day: Normandy 1944 pays tribute to those who gave their lives for our freedom… A duty of memory, a duty of gratitude.
Visit the official site for D-Day: Normandy 1944.
- Honoring Those Who Serve - Free Admission Days
- Adults $9
- Child/Senior $8
- Make it a Mystery Match! Pair The International Exhibition of Sherlock Holmes with an OMNIMAX film and see both for just $20 for adults/seniors or $17 for children. The Mystery Match price is only available at the Science Center box office or by phone (314.289.4424).
- Tickets available at the box office or online.
- Members may use their vouchers for free tickets.
- Discounts available for groups of 10 or more. Call 800.456.SLSC x4424 or 314.289.4424 for information.
- Educators - bring your students to see D-Day: Normandy 1944 at a great group price! Click here for more information on group pricing and information.
D-Day: Normandy 1944 Educators' Guide
The Saint Louis Science Center celebrates our military and veterans every day of the year with special pricing for military personnel, veterans and their families to our OMNIMAX Theater, special exhibitions and more. However, during the run of D-Day: Normandy 1944, military veterans will receive free admission to this film on the following dates:
- May 26 - Memorial Day
- June 6 - 70th Anniversary of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy
- July 4 - Independence Day
- November 11 - Veterans Day
- December 7 - National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- December 16 - 70th Anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
Due to limited seating, reservations are recommended for veteran free admission days to D-Day: Normandy 1944. Reservations to these special showings are only available by calling our Reservations Department at 314.289.4424.
In conjunction with the opening of D-Day: Normandy 1944 in the OMNIMAX Theater, we want to extend our sincere appreciation to the many men and women who played a part in this event by sharing their stories with our community. If you know of a veteran who would like to share to their story, please have them reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.