Unpaid Junior Internship and Leadership Program
Want to be part of an amazing team of educators and explore science every day? Check out the Junior Internship and Leadership Program! The program is a great place for motivated teens to gain valuable pre-employment experience in a fun, educational setting.
Successfully completing the internship can be a great item for resumes and college applications. Interns will have the opportunity to work alongside SLSC staff, helping to facilitate positive visitor experiences through an array of tasks and responsibilities.
Application Dates: February 1 - March 15
Accepted candidates will be notifies by April 15.
Internship Dates: June 1-July 31. Minimum 7 weeks.
Hours Expected: Minimum 8 hours per week; maximum 20 hours per week. Must be available for varied hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Summer hours of operation: Mon. – Sat. 9:30-5:30; Sun. 11:00 – 5:30
Age Requirement: Completed 9th, 10th, 11th, OR 12th grade (not entered college)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Desire to share knowledge with others
- Keen interest in science and/or science education
- Responsible, Punctual, Dependable
- Good physical stamina
- Assisting staff in galleries with exhibit interpretation and maintenance.
- Providing positive customer service, including answering visitors’ questions (i.e. “Where’s the nearest restroom?” or “How does this exhibit work?”)
- Other activities as assigned.
Click here to apply online between Feb. 1 and March 15.