We all try our best to be prepared when we spend the day out and about, but there is always something that seems to slip through the cracks. We have you covered while visiting the Science Center with almost any amenity that you may need during your visit.
|All Day Parking||
Peak Season (May 28 - September 5, 2016) $12.00
|Forest Park Trolley (purchased at Planetarium ticket station)||
|OMNIMAX Theater||$10.00 Adult
$9.00 College Student with ID
Members - Free tickets based on membership level
|Discovery Room||$4.00 All Ages
Members - Free
|Planetarium Shows||$6.00 Adult
Members - Free
For questions or to purchase tickets, please call 314.289.4400 or 800.456.SLSC (7572). Tickets can also be purchased online in advance.
The Science Center is accessible to visitors with disabilities and strollers:
- Elevators and ramps serve all public areas including the OMNIMAX Theater and the James S. McDonnell Planetarium.
- The OMNIMAX Theater offers Rear Window open-captioning service for all films and at all showtimes.
- A limited number of wheelchairs and strollers are available at no charge.
- Complete Braille guides are available for the Liftoff gallery at the Planetarium desk.
Section 504 Disability Grievance Procedure
It is the policy of the Saint Louis Science Center not to discriminate on the basis of disability. The Saint Louis Science Center has adopted a grievance procedure which provides for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints which allege any action prohibited by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), and applicable state law. These laws prohibit retaliation against an individual who files a complaint regarding disability discrimination, files a grievance under this procedure, or cooperates in the investigation of such complaint or grievance.
In accordance with the disability laws, persons who are qualified individuals with disabilities as defined by law may request reasonable accommodations which afford them equal opportunity to access, use, and/or participate in the programs, activities, and facilities available at the Saint Louis Science Center. Employees requesting reasonable accommodations should contact the Human Resources Department.
The Saint Louis Science Center will provide those reasonable accommodations unless they would present an undue financial or administrative burden or make a fundamental alteration to the nature of the program or activity. If a requested accommodation presents an undue burden or makes a fundamental alteration, the Saint Louis Science Center will attempt to propose alternative solutions and/or accommodations which do not create such hardship or make such alteration. The Saint Louis Science Center will work in good faith with the person requesting the accommodation to determine the availability of an acceptable alternative. Visitors who wish to request a reasonable accommodation, or who have questions about that process, should contact:
Section 504 Coordinator
Saint Louis Science Center
5050 Oakland Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63110
- Grievances are to be submitted to the Section 504 Coordinator within 30 days of the date the person filing the grievance becomes aware of the alleged discriminatory action.
- The grievance is to contain the name, address, phone and email address of the person filing it, a description of the problem or action alleged to be discriminatory or retaliatory, and the remedy or relief sought.
- The Section 504 Coordinator (or their designee) shall begin an investigation of the grievance within 30 business days of the grievance receipt. The investigation generally will include interviews of the person who submitted the grievance; relevant individuals referenced in the grievance, and may include additional interviews as appropriate. The person bringing the grievance and the person responding to the grievance may identify additional persons and/or documents they believe would be relevant and helpful to the investigation of the grievance.
- Absent exceptional circumstances, the Section 504 Coordinator (or their designee) typically will issue a written decision on the grievance no later than 45 days after its filing. The complaining party and responding party will be notified of the decision.
- The decision of the Section 504 Coordinator (or their designee) may be appealed in writing to Barbara Boyle, Chief Operating and Financial Officer, 5050 Oakland Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63110 within 15 days of receiving the decision. The appeal is to contain the reasons why the person believes the decision should be changed and state the change (s) sought. Absent exceptional circumstances, the Chief Operating and Financial Officer shall issue a written decision response to the appeal no later than 30 days after its filing.
The Saint Louis Science Center will make arrangements to ensure that people with disabilities are provided other appropriate accommodations, if needed, to participate in the grievance process. Such arrangements will be made by the Section 504 Coordinator.
From movie theater food to a healthier meal on-the-go, we have your appetite covered every day of the week.
Science Café: 9:30am – 4:00pm, Lunch served at 11:00am
EZ Pizza: 9:30am - 4:00 pm, lunch served at 11:00am
The Loft: 9:30am – 4:15pm
- An ATM is located in the front lobby near the Information Desk.
- Lockers are available for 25 cents on the Lower Level
- The ExploreStore has products for curious kids of all ages
- A private room is available for nursing mothers
Find the perfect gift for budding scientists and seasoned science enthusiasts in the ExploreStore!
Monday – Saturday
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Build-A-Dino at the Science Center is the first and only location in St. Louis where visitors can experience an interactive and fun learning environment while making their very own best friendosaur.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday
- 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- 11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Stuff gets left behind from time to time while visiting the Science Center. For this reason, we have created a hotline to try and help connect you with your lost belongings. Please call 314.286.4636 or 800.456.7572 extension 4636 to leave a message and your phone number. We return calls daily.