Minecraft Build Challenge
Through a partnership with Blues Gaming, Minnesota Wild, the Gateway Region YMCA, Science Museum of Minnesota, UGC and the Saint Louis Science Center, we bring you the first annual Minecraft Build Challenge!
The build challenge is to create your own dream backyard ice rink!
The Blues and the Wild are division rivals on the ice, but off the ice they are excited to partner on this opportunity to engage and educate our community on the impact of gaming and esports.
- The competition will be open to any age.
- Participants must work as an individual, no groups.
- Participants need to send in their information along with up to 10 screenshots of their build that demonstrate their creativity.
- Finalists will be judged on realism, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Entries due by Sunday, January 22, 2022
There will be two divisions:
- Scholastic: Grade 12 and below.
- Open: Open to any member of the community.
Judges will determine the finalists. Finalists will be contacted to present their builds at the Science Center(TBD).
Finalists will present their build, explain why gaming has had a positive impact on their life, and also why this challenge inspired them to compete.
Winners announced on the website and social media(TBD)
Participants in this challenge will be allowed to use the following devices for their build:
- Nintendo Switch
- Microsoft Xbox
- Sony PlayStation
Finalists using a PC will be asked to submit their build file prior to presenting their work at the Science Center. Local PCs will be available to load their builds for presentations. Finalists using console based software will be asked to bring their console to the Science Center on the presentation day.
Competitors cannot use any mods, texture packs or any other add-ons to Minecraft. It must be it’s base installation.
The Gateway Region YMCA has agreed to be a location for participants without access to consoles or PCs to build their project. The Carondelet and O’Fallon Park locations are available for participants from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays through the duration of the challenge.
If you are one of the finalists you will receive:
- Custom trophy
- Science Center Memberships (1 year)
- Science Center Swag
- YMCA Membership (3 months)
- YMCA Swag
- St. Louis Blues Swag & Items
Entries due by Sunday, January 22, 2022