- This event has passed.
Catch ‘em all at this First Friday that explores the real science of Pokémon. Dust off your Gameboy, find your favorite Pokémon cards, and get ready to be the very best, like no one ever was. See Pokémon: The First Movie at 9 pm in the McDonnell Planetarium. #FridayGeekOut
Unless otherwise noted by the , all activities are FREE! Free parking on First Fridays! All items marked with a require tickets. Tickets for free screenings available at any box office, starting at 6pm.
Not to Be Missed!
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Campus Wide
Do you want to be the best?
Enter the Kanto region and collect all 8 gym badges to become a Pokémon master and earn a prize (while supplies last). Pick up a game sheet at the First Friday information table.
6:30pm, Energy Stage/LL
Who’s that Pokémon and the Pokémon sing-along!
7:00pm, Energy Stage/LL
Special Guest Presentation – Q&A with Eric Stuart
8:00pm, Energy Stage/LL
Connie Wall, Pokébiology 101
Ongoing Activities, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Visit the Pewter City Gym (Dino Den) to play the Pokémon Trading Card Game with Game Nite. All levels welcome, lesson will be provided for new players.
- Battle it out in Pokémon Go with the Pokémon Go Center of Saint Louis at the Indigo Plateau (May Hall).
- Shop from local artist and crafters along Victory Road (May Hall).
- Explore Saffron City (GameXPloration) and learn about the science of Mind Ball.
- Visit our special exhibition POMPEII: THE EXHIBITION. Last entry at 8pm. Special First Friday pricing:
- $18.95 for Adults
- $15.95 for Seniors
- $13.95 for Children (6-12)
- $12.95 for Members
- Learn about the real animals of Pokémon in the Cerulean City Gym (Life Science Lab).
- Visit the Celadon Game Corner in the GROW Pavilion to try video games by local game developers, and learn more about AR with UMSL.
- Learn about the bugs that live in the tall grass of our GROW exhibit
- Refresh with food and drink at the Fermentation Station. Show your Pokémon Go team pride with our drink special.
- Design your own Pokémon card in the Fuchsia Gym (Makerspace Classroom).
- Test out the Blue Motion Simulators ($5 for Non-Members and Members) the I-360 Interactive Flight Simulators ($7/$6 for Members) and our new Virtual Reality Transporter ($10/$9 for Members).
- Public Telescope Viewing – weather permitting (Archery Field) –night sky viewing beginning at 8pm, with the St. Louis Astronomical Society.
- Discover more about space exploration with St. Louis Space Frontier and The Moon Society.
6:15 PM, Energy Stage/LL
Amazing Science Demonstration- Electricity with Lt. Surge!
6:30 PM, Energy Stage/LL
“Who’s that Pokémon?” and Pokémon Sing-a-long
Join us for a round of “Who’s that Pokémon?” and see how many Pokémon you know, followed by a sing-a-long of classic Pokémon tunes.
7:00 PM, Planetarium/2
Planetarium Show: Live Sky Tonight
Free! (45 minutes)
7:00 PM, The Loft/2
First Friday Trivia
Registration begins at 6pm and limited to 15 teams of up to 6 people.
7pm, Energy Stage/LL
Q&A with Eric Stuart – the voice of Brock and James in the original Pokémon series.
Brought to you by Anime St. Louis
Autograph signing to follow.
8pm, Energy Stage/LL
Pokébiology 101 with Connie Wall
Come learn what the Pokémon world has to teach us about our own environment and natural world!
Pokémon: The First Movie- Mewtwo Strikes Back
(1999, G, regular screen format, 96 minutes)
9pm, Energy Stage/LL
Anime Fashion Show, hosted by Archon
A costume contest featuring costumes created by you! Sign up by 8:30pm at the Archon Table (Main Building/First Floor).
Answers to Your First Friday Questions
How do I get free tickets? (for shows, presentations, activities, etc.)
- Get your tickets at any box office, starting at 6pm. Science Center Members may use the Member-Only Ticket Line, at the Membership Desk. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each person is allowed up to four tickets for your group. Once you have a ticket, you must be in the theater by show time to claim your seat. If you decide not to use your ticket, please return it to the Membership Desk in the Main Building Lobby. Tickets turned in for sold-out shows will be redistributed at the Membership Desk until 30 minutes prior to show time. After this, visitors without tickets may wait in a standby line outside of the show’s venue. We will let in those standing by to fill all seats not claimed by show time.
What are the costume guidelines?
- We encourage guests to wear costumes!
Weapons as part of costumes are subject to the approval of Saint Louis Science Center Security. No firearms or illegal weapons are allowed and if the weapon has a blade, you must have a covering for it.
Participate in tonight’s Anime Fashion Show! Visit the Archon table (Main Building/First Floor) to sign up and get more information. Please register to participate by 8:30pm.
Interested in becoming a First Friday vendor?
Plan to attend these upcoming First Fridays!
Price: First Fridays are free but some activities are ticketed.
Parking: Free at the Oakland and McDonnell Planetarium Lots
Location: Entire Science Center Campus
Ages: All ages are welcome. First Friday activities such as presentations, pop culture trivia, and the 9 pm Planetarium film are primarily designed for visitors 16 years and older.