- This event has passed.
Enjoy a night out with a screening of Volcanoes, dinner and entertainment.
Event highlights include:
- 45 minute documentary style film Volcanoes in the OMNIMAX Theater, which provides an immersive experience that brings the film to life
- Dinner buffet inspired by the film: Entree 1: shrimp scampi, buffet entree 2: chicken parmesan, fettuccine with fra divolo, ratatouille and chocolate lava cake for dessert. (Eggplant parmesan vegetarian entree available upon request)
- Featured speaker and entertainment: Director/Co-Executive Producer Michael Dalton-Smith
- Ticket includes 2 drink tickets
- Free Parking at the McDonnell Planetarium Lot
- Entrance on Planetarium Side Only
- 5:30 pm | Patron doors open (Planetarium Entrance, Main Lobby will be closed)
- 5:45 pm – 6:25 pm | Speaker meet and greet cocktail reception for patrons
- 6:00 pm | General Admission Doors Open (Planetarium Entrance, Main Lobby will be closed)
- 6:45 pm | Film Starts
- 7:45 pm | Dinner Starts
- 8:15 pm | Featured speaker Director/Co-Executive Producer Michael Dalton-Smith
- 9:00 pm | Event Ends
Director/Co-Executive Producer Michael Dalton-Smith
An adventurer and business owner with over 17 years of experience in film & television, Michael is a leader in the production of factual Canadian television programming.
As owner of Digital Crossing Productions, Michael has directed, produced and acted as cinematographer of several TV series including Volcanic Odysseys, Kenya Wildlife Diaries, Nomads of the Serengeti, Ol Pejeta Diaries and Ultimate Africa, which have aired on networks including Smithsonian, National Geographic and Discovery Channel.
Michael is also a leader in the technical aspects of film-making, and he is on The Giant Screen Association’s Technical Committee, advising and presenting to peers interested in best technical practices for IMAX® and Giant Screen films and the future of film-making.
Michael is a passionate activist for wildlife conservation and has filmed in some of the most remote and challenging places in the world.