- This event has passed.
Connect to community STEM experts and organizations in all STEM fields.
Sunday, January 19
Welcome to STEM Community Expo!
Enjoy our all-day free event highlighting diversity in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math careers and opportunities right here in the St. Louis area. Participate in hands-on activities and presentations led by STEM role models representing a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, including teens from the Youth Exploring Science (YES) program.
Check out these free experiences and more today!
- Scientist in Training program
- VR experiences
- Computer and electronics programming and building
- Green screen photos
- Wildlife and nature activities
- Flight simulators
- X-ray and body system demos
- Audio and video production and movie soundtrack production
- STEM and entrepeneurship models
- Engineering and robotic challenges
SciFest: Health Expo sponsored by:
Special Presentations at Energy Stage
1:15 PM – 500 Women Scientists
Find out more about women in STEM, and ways to make science more open, inclusive, and accessible
Share your SciFest experiences with #SciFestSTL
STEM Community Expo and Activities
- Explore maritime navigation and safety with National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Build edible asphalt, paper bridges, circuits, potato batteries and more with NSBE St. Louis Professionals & ABNA
- Do a wildlife habitat activity with Missouri Master Naturalists—Great Rivers Chapter
- Take apart laptops and other electronic equipment, and learn how to recycle them with Missouri Kids Unplugged
- Do a nature stamping activity with Wildlife Rescue Center
- Discover something new about ticks, mosquitoes, and disease prevention with Saint Louis County Department of Public Health Vector-Borne Disease Control Program
- Extract DNA, examine a cloud chamber, and do a women scientists scavenger hunt with 500 Women Scientists St. Louis POD
- LIFE SCIENCES HALL in Life Science Lab Classroom
- Explore the brain and the circulatory and digestive systems with Youth Exploring Science (YES) Teens Integrative Health and Well-being Component
- Design an emergency plan and kit, then spin a prize wheel with City of Saint Louis Department of Health
- Play a food/plant-part game and get a closer look at healthy/unhealthy snacks with Youth Exploring Science (YES) Teens Agriscience Component in partnership with Greenleaf Market
- TECHNOLOGY HALL in Boeing South
- Build computers and see how they work, participate in an E-sports tournament and VR experiences, play cybersecurity Jeopardy and see how to improve your cybersecurity score with Youth Exploring Science (YES) Teens Cybersecurity Component in partnership with De Le Salle and NPower
- Solve gear and other engineering puzzles, and compete in robot games with Youth Exploring Science (YES) Teens Engineering Component
- Experience the magic of the green screen, create a movie soundtrack and participate in streaming audio and video demonstrations with Youth Exploring Science (YES) Teens Media Component in partnership with Charles Murphy
- Do a Rainforest bird beak challenge and see how robots can be used in the wild to help Rainforest animals with Friends of the Rainforest
- Examine x-rays and learn how to read them with SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital – Trauma Services
- Find out more about biological agents, emergency preparedness, and survival strategies and more with Saint Louis County Department of Public Health
- Do coupon math and newspaper engineering with Newspapers in Education – St. Louis Post Dispatch
- See how the Saint Louis Zoo uses STEM applications every day in animal care and conservation both here and abroad
CREATIVITY HALL in T-rex Room
- Examine a variety of STEM-related creations designed by Youth Exploring Science (YES) Teens Entrepeneurship Component in partnership with Girls Inc.
- Do a STEM building activity designed to develop your entrepeneurial mindset with Network for Teaching Entrepeneurship
- Create slime with YMCA
- Meet Kidpreneur Mr. Fresh and learn about the chemistry behind air-fresheners
AEROSPACE HALL at Planetarium
- Take part in hands-on demonstrations on flight, aerodynamics, and space sciences with Youth Exploring Science (YES) Teens Aerospace Component
Mark your calendar for upcoming SciFest events in 2020!
February 22, 2020 Engineering Expo
April 18, 2020 The Great Outdoors Expo
SLSC Membership Special: Purchase a Family and Friends Membership or above, and save $10 during SciFest! Learn more about becoming a member.
SciFest: Connect with Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) professionals gathered exclusively for a series of day-long science and technology themed events. Meet local scientists, engineers and other experts for a personal, close-up look at cutting-edge, creative STEM applications. Learn more about our other SciFest events.
Parking: Regular price at the Oakland Lot and free at the McDonnell Planetarium Lot
Location: Entire Science Center Campus