Da Vinci The Exhibition
A journey of innovation, creativity and science.
Da Vinci is now considered more of a scientist than artist due to the 7,000 pages of notes and observations he took during his life. This special exhibition explores the breadth and scope of da Vinci’s incredibly advanced understanding of science, mathematics, nature, and the relationship between the three.
Hands-on replicas, multimedia experiences and documentary presentation throughout the exhibition illustrate da Vinci’s discoveries and creative process.
Featuring more than 60 replicas of da Vinci’s inventions, including:
- Revolving Crane
- Room of Mirrors
- Steam Cannon
- Scythed Chariot
- Mechanical Drum
- Light Projector
- Diving Suit
As a companion to your experience at Da Vinci The Exhibition, this Educator Guide has been created to complement your classroom instruction and make the most of your school field trip. It contains original, assessable, STEAM-related classroom lesson plans for many levels: Elementary School, Middle School, High School and Home School. It is designed to be flexible and used to best meet the needs and capabilities of your class. You know your students better than anyone else!
For up to 30 students, Ages 7 to 18
Expand your Da Vinci The Exhibition experience with a special 60-minute program with Scribble Bots. Create your own Scribble Bot using a low voltage motor, wires, batteries and more! It may be a very simple contraption, but you’ll be amazed by the wild lines created by an artist of your own making. Students will work independently and exercise creative problem-solving.
$325 for a 60-minutes program
To schedule this program, please contact us at 314.289.4439 or email us.
3 Facts About Da Vinci
- He was also a Renaissance man – an engineer, a anatomist, and a chronicler of science and nature
- Because of what we now know about Da Vinci, he would be considered more of a scientist than artist due to the 7,000 pages of notes and observations he took during his life – known as codices
- His Codices were lost, scattered, or hidden for years – even centuries after his death – and they were not studied or interpreted until long after he was gone
Da Vinci Programs for Groups
Groups of 10 or more can receive special discounts to Da Vinci The Exhibition with advance reservations. Call 314-289-1419 to speak to our Group Sales Manager, or visit our Groups & Field Trips page for more information.
EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS FOR GROUPS 10 OR MORE
- Discounted tickets
- No phone service fees
- Reserve now, pay later
- Bus and shuttle parking available
- School and youth groups receive one free adult chaperone for every 10 children
Can’t do a coordinated group visit? No problem.
- Have your business, organization or school district ask about setting up a promo code for discounted individual purchases.
Members get in with a discount.
Save on your Da Vinci The Exhibition tickets with a Saint Louis Science Center membership.
One adult chaperone is required for every 10 children.
No food or beverages are allowed in the exhibition.
No pencils, pens, markers or any other kind of writing implements are allowed.
Flash photography is not allowed. You may take photos without flash.
The exhibition is accessible to visitors with disabilities, as well as visitors with strollers, scooters, and walkers. Elevators and ramps serve all public areas.