The Saint Louis Science Center is connecting to a universe of games with GameXPloration. Combining technology and neuroscience, GameXPloration explores how the gamer mindset is part of the human experience. Games are everywhere. They affect our lives, our brains and our bodies, and connect us to immersive experiences and creative play.
The exhibition features a multitude of experiences from board games to video games to virtual reality games. Visitors will learn about game design and development and gaming technologies, while having the opportunity to play arcade games, retro video games and board games.
Volunteer opportunities include facilitating the many areas designed to focus on several aspects of gaming, as well as monitoring visitors’ behavior throughout the exhibit. In addition, volunteers will be interpreting the educational content provided by the Saint Louis Science Center.
- 1 shift per week; 4 shifts per month.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Bending/kneeling as required.
- Be capable of listening and communicating clearly in a busy atmosphere.
- Must have an interest in or an ability to absorb information related to the current exhibition.
- Expected to attend required training sessions.
- Expected to comply with all Saint Louis Science Center policies.