Launch Pad Learning Camp provides a safe and engaging learning environment for students, perfect for parents balancing the challenges of helping their students learn from home while working themselves or simply looking for a change of scenery to reinvigorate the learn-from-home experience. In each camp classroom, Science Center team members will be on hand to provide guidance as needed while students participate in their school-based virtual courses. During breaks, students will be able to explore the Science Center with adult supervision.
Students enroll for a full week, Monday to Friday.
Extended care is available.
Registration is currently closed.
Monday to Friday
|Hours||8:30 AM to 3:30 PM|
|Drop Off||8:00 AM to 8:30 AM|
|Pick Up||3:30 PM to 4:00 PM|
|Cost per Week (per child)||Member: $225|
|Extended Care AM Cost||7:00 AM to 8:30 AM / $100|
|Extended Care PM Cost||4:00 PM to 5:30 PM / $100|
Launch Pad Learning Camp Safety Protocols
Modeled after our popular Summer Science Blast Camp, Launch Pad Learning Camp is geared toward students in grades kindergarten through 8th. This safe learning environment adheres to guidelines provided by the CDC and the St. Louis City Health Department.
- Camp will take place in a classroom setting, separate from the general public
- Face masks are required for Science Center team members and students
- Social distancing will be practiced, including the use of personal workstations for each student
- Learning groups are limited to 10 students maximum per group
- Symptom and temperature screenings will take place at drop-off and at mid-day
- Continual cleaning and disinfecting will happen throughout the day, including in the classroom and at personal workstations
- Students and Science Center team members will practice hand washing and sanitization throughout the day
- Students who do not feel well or begin displaying symptoms will be placed in a quarantine room until able to be picked up
Frequently Asked Questions
Is lunch available for students?
Students can bring their own lunches (no refrigeration provided) or lunch can be ordered through the Science Center’s catering team.
Are computers or other technology provided to students?
Program participants must bring their school-issued or home devices to complete coursework. Cell phones are permitted but can only be used during extended care or other times designated by the Science Center team. If phone usage becomes an issue, the phone will be confiscated and returned to a parent/guardian at the end of the day.
What do students need to bring?
- Any necessary school supplies, including devices to complete coursework
- Lunch and snacks, unless ordering through the catering service
- Water bottle
What will program participants be able to do at the Science Center during breaks?
Students will have the opportunity for supervised experiences at the Science Center, including:
- Learning about agriculture in GROW, our indoor/outdoor gallery
- Watching science demonstrations at the Energy Stage
- Seeing a film at the OMNIMAX® Theater
- And more!
Members camp at a discount.
Saint Louis Science Center members receive 10% off Launch Pad Learning Camp.