Welcome back to your Science Center.
To our guests, members and donors, learn about how you can Explore Safe.
The Saint Louis Science Center team has been working closely with local authorities, health officials, and the City of St. Louis as we move forward to open the building to you and the community. Our team has developed measures to help guests enjoy the Science Center experience while adhering to specific local guidelines to reopen safely and cautiously. To that extent, the Science Center will reopen on Saturday, June 20.
With the health and well-being of guests and team members in mind, along with the recognition that the Science Center is known for hands-on experiences, we have developed a number of safety measures and operating guidelines.
- Occupancy will be limited to the requirements for “larger locations” in the State of Missouri’s Show Me Strong Recovery Plan.
- All members and guests will be required to have a timed ticket reservation. We will encourage online reservations through the website or by phone; limited onsite reservations will be subject to availability.
- Days and hours of operation will be reduced initially to facilitate a smooth and safe transition.
- At the direction of the Department of Health for the City of St. Louis, masks will be required for guests ages 9 and above, as well as all Science Center team members and vendors/contractors. Exceptions apply for those who cannot wear masks for medical reasons.
- To maintain social distancing, the Science Center will establish specific one-way walking paths and queuing lines.
More detailed information on the policies and protocols for the Science Center’s reopening will be shared closer to the opening date. Read our official reopening press release.
We look forward to welcoming you back to your museum. In the meantime, we hope you have been enjoying our virtual events, online museum and weekly Science @ Home emails to keep you connected as we begin to move forward together.