ST. LOUIS, MO – May 27, 2020 – The Saint Louis Science Center today announced its plan to reopen to the public on Saturday, June 20. With the health and well-being of guests and team members in mind, along with the recognition that the Science Center is known for hands-on experiences, the organization has developed a number of safety measures and operating guidelines.
“The Science Center is looking forward to safely welcoming our community back,” said Todd Bastean, president and CEO of the Science Center. “The team has carefully developed measures to help guests be able to enjoy the Science Center experience, while adhering to guidelines from local authorities, health officials and the City of St. Louis.”
More detailed information on the policies and protocols for the Science Center’s reopening will be shared closer to the opening date. In the meantime, a few of the measures are outlined below.
- Occupancy will be limited to the requirements for “larger locations” in the State of Missouri’s Show Me Strong Recovery Plan.
- All guests will be required to have a timed ticket reservation. We will encourage online reservations through the website (slsc.org) or by phone; limited onsite reservations will be subject to availability.
- Days and hours of operation will be reduced initially to facilitate a smooth and safe transition.
- At the direction of the Department of Health for the City of St. Louis, masks will be required for guests ages 9 and above, as well as all Science Center team members and vendors/contractors.
- Exceptions apply for those who cannot wear masks for medical reasons.
- To maintain social distancing, the Science Center will establish specific one-way walking paths and queuing lines.
“The Science Center will continue to assess the measures being put in place to ensure we are providing the safest environment we can, while also delivering the unique and exciting experience our guests enjoy when they visit,” added Bastean. “Certainly with all the events and circumstances related to the global pandemic, it is clear that science has never been more important or relevant in our daily lives. We look forward to continuing to ‘ignite and sustain lifelong science and technology learning.’”
Saint Louis Science Center
The mission of the Saint Louis Science Center is to ignite and sustain lifelong science and technology learning. Named a Smithsonian Institution Affiliate in 2016, the Saint Louis Science Center features more than 700 interactive exhibits, as well as a five-story OMNIMAX® Theater, Boeing Hall and the James S. McDonnell Planetarium. For more information about the Saint Louis Science Center, please visit slsc.org.
For more information, contact: