Peak Season (May 28 - September 5, 2016)
Monday - Saturday: 9:30 - 5:30pm
Off Peak Season
Monday - Saturday: 9:30 - 4:30pm
We are open late on select days!
General Science Center Parking:
- General parking is available in our main lot behind the Science Center building on Oakland Ave. Peak Season (May 28 - September 5, 2016) $12.00, Off Peak Season (September 6 - December 31, 2016) $10.00, Members - Free with valid membership card.
- You may also park at the James S. McDonnell Planetarium for free.
- Parking for Cars Displaying Disabled Placards: Parking for vehicles displaying disabled placards is available in a subsection of the main lot directly behind Boeing Hall. You will turn into the parking lot on the right after passing the parking booth. Visitors may wish to drop off individuals with mobility concerns in the circle drive in front of the main entrance. (same pricing as general parking)
- Parking for Fuel-Efficient Vehicles: Parking for fuel-efficient and low-emission vehicles is available in a subsection of the main lot directly behind Boeing Hall. You will turn into the parking lot on the right after passing the parking booth. (same pricing as general parking)
Conveniently located near I-44 and I-64, the Science Center is easily accessible from all major highways in the area.
*Construction Notice: The Kingshighway bridge that connects Shaw Boulevard and Vandeventer/Southwest avenues will be closing the weekend of July 11. You may experience closures and delays if you are traveling from I-44 on your way to the Saint Louis Science Center. Please plan alternate routes accordingly, to avoid delays due to construction.
To the Science Center Entrance on Oakland Ave.:
Our main entrance is on Oakland Ave., a half block west of Kingshighway Blvd. or four blocks east of Hampton Avenue.
From the west:
Take I-64 east to the Kingshighway exit. Turn right at S. Kingshighway Blvd. Make a right on Oakland Avenue. The Science Center is on your left.
From the south:
Take I-44 east to the Kingshighway exit. Turn left at S. Kingshighway. Make a left on Oakland Avenue. The Science Center is on your left. Note: The Kingshighway bridge that connects Shaw Boulevard and Vandeventer/Southwest avenues will be closing the weekend of July 11 and could be closed for close to 2 years.
From the east:
Take I-64 west to the Kingshighway North / South exit. Turn left at S. Kingshighway Blvd. Make a right on Oakland Avenue. The Science Center is on your left.
From the north:
Take I-170 south to I-64 east. Take the Kingshighway exit. Turn right at S. Kingshighway Blvd. Make a right on Oakland Avenue. The Science Center is on your left.
To the Planetarium Entrance in Forest Park:
The James S. McDonnell Planetarium entrance is in the southeast corner of Forest Park.
From westbound I-64, exit at Kingshighway and turn right. Turn immediately left at Barnes Hospital Plaza to enter Forest Park (first stoplight after I-64 overpass). Turn right on Clayton and then left into the planetarium parking lot.
From I-44, exit at Kingshighway and go north. Turn left at Barnes Hospital Plaza to enter Forest Park (first stoplight after I-64 overpass). Turn right on Clayton and then left into the planetarium parking lot.
From Forest Park Parkway, take the Kingshighway exit and turn right (south) on Kingshighway. Turn right at Barnes Hospital Plaza to enter Forest Park. Turn right on Clayton and then left into the planetarium parking lot. Limited free parking is available adjacent to this building and elsewhere in the Park.
Metro Forest Park Trolley Service
There’s a new way to navigate Forest Park. The Metro Forest Park Trolley Service line will operate daily connecting all park attractions and the DeBaliviere MetroLink Station. It will stop outside the Science Center’s James S. McDonnell Planetarium.
Stuck in traffic on Hampton trying to enter Forest Park? Take the Kingshighway exit instead and park in the Science Center’s Oakland Avenue parking lot. After your visit, you can hop on the trolley and travel anywhere else in the Park.
Parking is also available at the Forest Park Visitor Center parking lot or in the upper Muny parking lot.
2015 Trolley Hours
May 1 through Sept. 28. Seven days a week.
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (to 7 p.m. Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day)
Trolleys run every 20 minutes.
$2 - Adults
$1 - Children 5-12, seniors and passengers with disabilities
Purchase tickets at our Planetarium ticket station, Forest Park Visitor's Center, on the trolleys and at the Downtown MetroStore location.
Kids four and under ride free.
One ticket is valid all day.
You may also be interested in MetroBus and MetroLink Routes and Schedules.
The Science Center is accessible to visitors with disabilities and strollers:
- Elevators and ramps serve all public areas including the OMNIMAX Theater and the James S. McDonnell Planetarium.
- The OMNIMAX Theater offers Rear Window open-captioning service for all films and at all showtimes.
- A limited number of wheelchairs and strollers are available at no charge.
Enjoy extended hours on select days throughout the year! Extended evenings and early closings are noted below. All other days follow our official museum hours:
|Science Center Extended Hours|
|June 2||Open Late Until 8:00pm|
|June 3||Open Late Until 10:00pm|
|June 9||Open Late Until 8:00pm|
|June 16||Open Late Until 8:00pm|
|June 23||Open Late Until 8:00pm|
|June 30||Open Late Until 8:00pm|
|July 1||Open Late Until 10:00pm|
|July 7||Open Late Until 8:00pm|
|July 14||Open Late Until 8:00pm|
|July 21||Open Late Until 8:00pm|
|July 28||Open Late Until 8:00pm|
|August 4||Open Late Until 8:00pm|
|August 5||Open Late Until 10:00pm|
|August 11||Open Late Until 8:00pm|
Each First Friday the Science Center stays open late (until 10pm) for sci-fi-themed activities, presentations and more! The evenings culminate with free 10pm screenings of science fiction movies in the OMNIMAX® Theater. First Friday favorites like public telescope viewings, scifi trivia and special prices for OMNIMAX® films are a staple at every event.