Monday - Saturday: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Open late during Fair St. Louis! Click here for a list of our activities on July 3-5.
We are open late on select days!
Additionally, during the summer, the Science Center will be open late until 8pm on Thursdays starting June 5.
Parking During Fair St. Louis, July 3-5:
- Parking in the main lot of the Saint Louis Science Center will be our everyday price of $10 during Fair St. Louis, July 3-5. However, during Fair St. Louis, to help us control traffic and congestion, parking must be paid upon entry with cash only. Parking space is limited and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Due to Fair St. Louis preparations and traffic in Forest Park, there will be no parking at the James S. McDonnell Planeterium during Fair St. Louis, July 3-5.
- Science Center Members will receive their Membership benefit of free parking during Fair St. Louis. Members, please have your valid Membership card available to present to the parking attendant upon entry to the parking lot.
- The Science Center will be open until 11pm during Fair St. Louis. If you will be returning to your car after 11pm, please use the Forest Park tunnel under Highway 64/40 located to the east of the Planetarium.
General Science Center Parking (excludes Fair St. Louis, July 3-5):
- General parking is available in our main lot behind the Science Center building on Oakland Ave. for $10 per car. You may also park at the James S. McDonnell Planetarium for free.
- Parking for Cars Displaying Disabled Placards: Parking for vehicles displaying disabled placards is available for $10 per car in a subsection of the main lot directly behind Boeing Hall. You will turn into the parking lot on the right after passing the parking booth. Visitors may wish to drop off individuals with mobility concerns in the circle drive in front of the main entrance.
- Parking for Fuel-Efficient Vehicles: Parking for fuel-efficient and low-emission vehicles is available for $10 per car in a subsection of the main lot directly behind Boeing Hall. You will turn into the parking lot on the right after passing the parking booth.
Conveniently located near I-44 and I-64, the Science Center is easily accessible from all major highways in the area.
*Construction Notice: MoDOT is making some changes to I-64 between Kingshighway and Forest Park Parkway. You may experience closures and delays if you are traveling westbound on I-64 on your way to the Saint Louis Science Center. MoDOT advises drivers to plan an alternate route to avoid delays due to construction. Learn more about the highway improvement project.
To the Science Center Entrance on Oakland Ave.:
Our main entrance is on Oakland Ave., a half block west of Kingshighway Blvd. or four blocks east of Hampton Avenue.
From the west:
Take I-64 east to the Kingshighway exit. Turn right at S. Kingshighway Blvd. Make a right on Oakland Avenue. The Science Center is on your left.
From the south:
Take I-44 east to the Kingshighway exit. Turn left at S. Kingshighway. Make a left on Oakland Avenue. The Science Center is on your left.
From the east:
Take I-64 west to the Kingshighway North / South exit. Turn left at S. Kingshighway Blvd. Make a right on Oakland Avenue. The Science Center is on your left.
From the north:
Take I-170 south to I-64 east. Take the Kingshighway exit. Turn right at S. Kingshighway Blvd. Make a right on Oakland Avenue. The Science Center is on your left.
To the Planetarium Entrance in Forest Park:
The James S. McDonnell Planetarium entrance is in the southeast corner of Forest Park. There will be no public parking at the Planetarium during Fair St. Louis, July 3-5.
From westbound I-64, exit at Kingshighway and turn right. Turn immediately left at Barnes Hospital Plaza to enter Forest Park (first stoplight after I-64 overpass). Turn right on Clayton and then left into the planetarium parking lot.
From I-44, exit at Kingshighway and go north. Turn left at Barnes Hospital Plaza to enter Forest Park (first stoplight after I-64 overpass). Turn right on Clayton and then left into the planetarium parking lot.
From Forest Park Parkway, take the Kingshighway exit and turn right (south) on Kingshighway. Turn right at Barnes Hospital Plaza to enter Forest Park. Turn right on Clayton and then left into the planetarium parking lot. Limited free parking is available adjacent to this building and elsewhere in the Park.
Metro Forest Park Trolley Service
There’s a new way to navigate Forest Park. The Metro Forest Park Trolley Service line will operate daily connecting all park attractions and the DeBaliviere MetroLink Station. It will stop outside the Science Center’s James S. McDonnell Planetarium.
- The Forest Park Trolley will not be in operation from 3pm on July 3 until 9am on July 6. A Fair St. Louis shuttle will be picking up visitors near the Planetarium and running a nonstop route to the Boathouse in Forest Park. Pick up will begin at 4pm on July 4, at noon on July 4, and at 10am on July 5.
Stuck in traffic on Hampton trying to enter Forest Park? Take the Kingshighway exit instead and park in the Science Center’s Oakland Avenue parking lot. After your visit, you can hop on the trolley and travel anywhere else in the Park.
Parking is also available at the Forest Park Visitor Center parking lot or in the upper Muny parking lot.
April 16 through Oct. 31. Seven days a week.
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (to 7 p.m. Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day)
Trolleys run every 20 minutes.
$2 - Adults
$1 - Children 5-12, seniors and passengers with disabilities
Exact change required to purchase a ticket.
Kids four and under ride free.
One ticket is valid all day.
You may also be interested in MetroBus and MetroLink Routes and Schedules.
The Science Center is accessible to visitors with disabilities and strollers:
- Elevators and ramps serve all public areas including the OMNIMAX Theater and the James S. McDonnell Planetarium.
- The OMNIMAX Theater offers Rear Window open-captioning service for all films and at all showtimes.
- A limited number of wheelchairs and strollers are available at no charge.
Enjoy extended hours on select days throughout the year! Extended evenings and early closings are noted below. All other days follow our official museum hours:
Monday - Saturday: 9:30am - 5:30pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 5:30pm
Fair St. Louis
We are open late until 11pm during Fair St. Louis in Forest Park, July 3-5. Click here to see a full list of activites and information about parking during Fair St. Louis.
Late 'til 8 on Thursdays this Summer!
Beginning June 5, the Science Center will be open until 8pm on Thursdays throughout the Summer. We'll have extended showtimes for our OMNIMAX Theater, extended entry times for DINOSAURS IN MOTION and extended times for Planetarium Shows. Visit us on Thursdays, and spend your evening exploring the Science Center!
Each First Friday the Science Center stays open late (until 10pm) for sci-fi-themed activities, presentations and more! The evenings culminate with free 10pm screenings of science fiction movies in the OMNIMAX® Theater. First Friday favorites like public telescope viewings, scifi trivia and special prices for OMNIMAX® films are a staple at every event.