Under the direction of the Esports Management Team, the Esports Education Intern will learn responsibilities involved in the development and implementation of the Science Center’s esports program. This internship will also entail; learning daily tasks associated with open plays, competitions, educational programs, and community partner cultivation.
- Create educational activations for onsite events centered around Health & Wellness, Technology, Art & Music, Interactive Media & Events in gaming and esports
- Develop presentation skills in both public and private settings
- Develop guest service and event management skills
- Learn key logistics processes for organizing programs and events
- Understand how to proactively engage and leverage community partners
- Operate production and gaming equipment, including PCs, consoles, screens, projections, streams, microphones, etc.
- Troubleshoot gaming and production equipment
- Must be an active student; Junior, Senior level or Graduate student
- College degree in education, game design, event management or related field preferred
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Self-starter and able to follow instructions
- Ability to learn processes and procedures quickly
- Must have a passion for education
- Ability to connect with youth of various ages, backgrounds, and skill levels
- Must be a creative thinker, willing to try new things and share new ideas
- Good verbal, written communication skills and able to convey information clearly
- Knowledge and proficiency with office procedures and equipment
- Friendly, proactive, and professional
- Ability to exchange information, problem solve, and conduct research
- Strong organizational skills, understanding how to prioritize
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office programs
- Must comply with all Science Center processes and procedures
The intern must be prepared to participate approximately 15-20 hours weekly through August, from a mutually agreed upon start date until a mutually agreed upon concluding date. The intern can schedule flexible hours on site Thursday – Monday between 8 am – 5 pm. Some evening hours may be required. The Science Center is closed Tuesday’s & Wednesdays. Limited onsite hours will be available during closed days. However, the intern may be asked to join virtual meetings.