Getting Ready For Your Visit
Before You Arrive
- General admission tickets are not required for Science Center guests. Guests may enter on a walk-in basis throughout the day. You may still make advanced reservations for ticketed attractions like special exhibitions, the OMNIMAX Theater and McDonnell Planetarium star shows online or by calling 314-289-4424.
- The Science Center is not limiting the amount of time guests may stay. While we anticipate our adjusted capacities will allow guests to enter whenever they wish, it’s possible some guests may need to wait for others to exit before they’re allowed entry.
- The Science Center’s days and hours of operation have been adjusted in order to facilitate a safe, smooth experience for guests. Please note our current days and hours of operation.
- Guests should park in the Science Center’s main parking lot at 5050 Oakland Ave. Please note that at this time, entry through the McDonnell Planetarium is not allowed. All guests should enter the Science Center through the Oakland Building. Parking is free for Science Center members and is $10 per vehicle for non-members.
In accordance with St. Louis City guidelines, all individuals ages 5 and up will be required to wear face masks, regardless of vaccination status. This policy is in place for your safety and the safety of our team members.
- We encourage our guests to consume their food/drink at the designated areas in the Science Cafe (1st floor), The Loft and OMNIMAX® Theater (2nd floor), inside the Planetarium, and under the tent at Fermentation Station in GROW.
To help support social distancing within the Saint Louis Science Center, food can be ordered online and scheduled for pick up at the Science Cafe.
Gallery & Venue Changes
- A limited number of tickets for OMNIMAX® Theater films and McDonnell Planetarium star shows will be available for purchase. Capacity has been reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Showtimes have been adjusted to accommodate increased cleaning between shows. See our OMNIMAX Theater schedule and our McDonnell Planetarium schedule. Members receive free OMNIMAX Theater and Planetarium tickets. To use membership benefits to reserve free film tickets or to reserve free Planetarium tickets, contact us at 314-289-4424.
Tickets for attractions can be reserved by phone every day of the week, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, by calling 314.289.4424.
Members can take advantage of their benefits by logging in online*.
*Free OMNIMAX® Theater tickets cannot be reserved online
An online service fee of $3.50 applies to reservations, which covers the cost of the online system and its maintenance. Onsite reservations are subject to availability.
Getting Around Inside the Science Center
- The Science Center has established some one-way walking paths and queueing lines for admission and exit, entry to venues, moving up and down floors, and more.
- Stair usage has been adjusted to provide for one-way use between floors to minimize contact between guests.
- Look out for special signage and floor graphics denoting walking paths and social distancing.
Safety is of the highest importance to each of us at the Science Center.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures – for you, our other guests, and Science Center team members. Please follow all posted instructions while visiting the Science Center.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting the Saint Louis Science Center, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Help keep each other healthy and safe.
- The Science Center has implemented new cleaning procedures to help ensure guest safety. High-touch interactive exhibits will be disinfected daily on an increased cleaning schedule by gallery team members. Box office locations and the membership desk will also clean high-touch areas like credit card readers, countertops and parking kiosks throughout the day.
- Program venues and certain galleries have reduced capacities to maintain social distancing between guests. A Science Center team member will seat guests for activities like OMNIMAX Theater films, McDonnell Planetarium star shows, and more.
- More than 70 additional hand sanitizer stations have been installed for guests and team members.
- Plexiglass dividers have been installed at transaction and guest service locations.
- To reduce the amount of person-to-person contact, contactless payment options (Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.) are available at box office and membership locations. Cash transactions at this time are discouraged in order to minimize contact.
Code of Conduct
The Science Center is a participatory, hands-on environment. We invite you to have fun and use the exhibits actively and respectfully, and to be considerate of others.
The Science Center prohibits behavior or conduct of a verbal, written, graphical or physical nature that interferes with any Science Center team member’s work or any guest’s experience, or creates an unsafe, intimidating, hostile or offensive environment.
As a nonprofit organization, the Saint Louis Science Center relies on memberships, donations and ticket sales to support our education and outreach programs, our daily operation, and our mission-driven educators, STEM professionals, and behind-the-scenes colleagues connecting our community with science.
If you’d like to help the Science Center continue to offer free science learning to everyone, here are some ways you can show your support: